In terms of traveling 2016 was *really* good to me. One of my new years resolutions in 2015 was to travel more. Something I definitely managed to do this year. So let’s get down and have a look at my 2016 in travels. Grab a cuppa and click through ALL the travel guides and tips.
And pssst.. at the end of the post you might be able to win a night for two in one of the amazing 25hours hotels!
My Year in Travels
Oh boy, when I looked through my planer to reminisce on my year in travel I was shocked by the sheer amount of trips I went on in 2016. While the months go by you easily lose focus of how good you have it. Traveling is the one thing in life I really am passionate about. And the travel guides / hotel reviews also are one of my favorite posts to compile for the blog. So for 2017 I definitely want to make this aspect of “Miss Getaway” a more apparent and important one.
I think one of my absolute highlights this year must have been the trip to Zurich with Rimowa. When one of your favorite brands invites you to witness the maiden flight of an iconic airplane and even lets you experience a flight in a JU52 then you sure as hell know you’re having a fantastic time.
However, I also enjoyed all the other trips. I fell in love with Hamburg at the beginning of the year – particularly because of the gorgeous hotel we stayed in – and had a few absolutely relaxing wellness holidays in Austria and South Tyrol. Then there was the trip to Malta, which absolutely blew my mind away. And the fun collaboration with IBIS in Stockholm. Also, Lisbon – which has been so great to us in terms of weather and food!
Another fun thing – in summer I was invited to contribute my London knowledge to a crazy cool interactive map. Here you can have a look at it: TUI London Map!
I’m glad to see that you seem to enjoy my travel guides almost as much as I enjoy writing them. So I compiled a list of all the cities I visited in 2016 below, for you to click through and browse.
BROWSE THROUGH MY 2016 DESTINATIONS[one_half]
- JAN: Vienna
- FEB: Vienna, Hamburg, London
- MAR: Frankfurt, South Tyrol
- APRIL: Bad Waltersdorf, Vienna
- MAY: Vienna, Trieste
- JUNE: Berlin, Vienna
- JULY: Vienna
- AUGUST: Lisbon
- SEPTEMBER: Edinburgh, Zurich
- OCTOBER: Stockholm, Malta
- NOVEMBER: –
- DECEMBER: Leoben
My Travel Plans for 2017
2016 was absolutely amazing and had some remarkable opportunities for me. However, I plan on making 2017 even better. I haven’t planned anything yet, except a little wellness/winter trip, though! Here’s what I plan to see next year:
- SOLO TRAVEL: Something I wanted to do forever and I feel like it finally is time to do it.
- SCOTLAND: When I visited Edinburgh and the highlands with Opel in September I immediately fell in love with Scotland. That is why I definitely want to go back in 2017.
- EUROPEAN CAPITALS: I want to see each and every European capital before the age of 30. So in order to accomplish that, I’ll have to sneak in a couple of city trips next year.
- MARRAKECH: A destination that’s been featured all over social media this year. All the pictures of beautiful cacti, colorful spices and gorgeous riads makes me want to visit so badly.
- TRAVEL WITH FRIENDS: The mister and I are perfectly comfortable when it comes to traveling together. So this year I want to mix it up a little and take some friends with us on a trip.
MISS GETAWAY X JUSTMYSELF ADVENT CALENDAR
WIN A (1) NIGHT FOR TWO IN A 25HOURS HOTEL OF YOUR CHOICE
And now let’s turn to the thing you’ve all been waiting for – today’s Advent calendar giveaway. I teamed up with one of my all-time favorite hotel chains and can proudly give away a night for two in a 25 hours hotel of your choice.
I already stayed in the one in Vienna (twice) and the one in Hamburg and adored both – you can check out my hotel reviews »HERE«.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
To enter, simply fill out the Rafflecopter below. The only mandatory thing is to comment this post and tell me where you want to travel to in 2017! All other actions will give you additional entries & increase the odds of you winning. Giveaway ends on 23.12.2016. The winner will be chosen randomly and contacted via email.
GOOD LUCK ♥
Big thanks to 25Hours Hotels for providing me with this amazing win! Everything stated is, as always, 100% my own opinion.