*sponsored content* One of the best things about the slowly approaching summer definitely is berry season! Berries do not only look super pretty and taste fantastic, they are also real superfoods. This is why they are also a key component of todays super healthy and delicious Spinach Salad recipe.
So when Runtastic asked me if I wanted to take part in their new “Your healthiest & happiest #RuntasticSummer2016” campaign I immediately said yes and jumped on board. They came up with three absolutely delicious berry recipes filled with nutrients, anti-oxidants, vitamins and basically all the good stuff. I decided to give this Spinach Salad with Blueberries, Avocado, Feta and Pine nuts a go and it was heavenly!
HEALTHY SPINACH SALAD with Blueberries, Feta & Avocado
While the spinach provides you with all the green goods, the berries add a little bit of sweetness to the salad and the pine nuts provide a certain crunch factor. The salty taste of the cheese rounds it all up. This recipe literally is thebomb.com I tell you!
- 2/3 hands of fresh baby-spinach
- 250 g fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado
- 100 g feta
- 25 g pine nuts
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- olive oil
- salt, pepper
- Chop the onion and mix it with the vinegar, mustard, oil, salt and pepper. This will be your salad-dressing!
- Wash your spinach and the blueberries and put them into a bowl.
- Cut up the avocado, get rid of the pit, cut it into little pieces and add it to the bowl.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan (without oil). Always make sure to keep an eye on them as they burn very easily.
- Now add the dressing to your salad, mix it good and arrange the salad on your plate.
- Sprinkle your salad with the pine nuts and your feta pieces and you’re good to go.
Click »HERE« for the Recipe in German
(+ other recipes and some very interesting information about berries and how they can help you with weight-loss)
What do you think about this recipe? Are you as much a fan of berries as I am?
-This post is in collaboration with and kindly sponsored by Runtastic–