anzeige / in collaboration with MYCS – thank you!
I have moved into my new apartment exactly one year ago. And only now am I finally adding the finishing touches to all the rooms. I have a really particular taste when it comes to interior and decided to not settle for the “next best thing” with my furniture in this flat but rather wait for the perfect piece to completely feel at easy and home here. I find that a homey flat makes such a big difference, especially when you’re working from home and some days see nothing but your own flat. So today I want to show you the latest addition to my living room – the SYDE table from MYCS.
Choosing the right coffee table for a small living room
I find that furnishing a small flat and making the best out of the limited space you have actually is a much bigger challenge than I had initially assumed. The first coffee table I had decided to put there was a small round one. Didn’t go too well with my round dining room table, which is basically situated right next to the couch. The second option I went for was a beautiful big wooden coffee table. It made me feel uncomfortable, though, as it was way too big for the small room and made it seem crowded always.
So, now I think I have finally found my perfect pick. The beautiful SYDE table in from MYCS. I have designed it with black metal legs and a gorgeous black marble surface. Looks so classy and beautiful with my new framed prints, the oriental rug and the sofa.
5 tips to make a small living room look bigger
1. Choose your colours wisely: As much as I adore a painted wall behind the lounge area, I also knew that it would make the room look so much smaller than it already is. The same goes for the sofa. I opted for a bright one on purpose and added a few dark bits and pieces with the coffee table and metal shelf.
2. Make use of the walls: The biggest problem you might have in a small apartment actually is storage space. Hence, I have decided to ditch the TV and rather go for a big shelf on the wall opposing the sofa. This way I can store all my things and actually read a book every now and then, hah!
3. Leave some empty space: Minimalism is key when it comes to a small apartment not looking cluttered. Leaving a few walls white and adding rather minimalist and streamlined furniture will do the trick.
4. Sofa size matters: Don’t get me wrong. I would much rather own a beautiful big lounge area where you can chill and hang out on all evening. However, I just don’t have space in my apartment for that. This is why I opted for this beautiful small mid-century couch as the centrepiece of the living room.
5. Choose the right table: As I’ve mentioned before, getting the right coffee table makes a huge difference in your living room. If you do not have much space, do not force a big table. Rather, opt for a smaller one that can opt as storage space for books as well as enable you to put your takeout on when you have friends over.
FYI, the cats seem to love the