Hello there. Did you miss me?
I’ve been pretty much M.I.A. during the summer months on both the blog and social media. I published the odd post here and there but didn’t really stick to blogging as much as I used to. And the truth is, that summer break was duly needed. I’ve been falling out of love with blogging more and more over the time and just felt too pressured to put out content, make money and go with the wave that everyone else was riding. So one day, I realized I needed to take a break or I’d lose the fun in blogging completely. And now I’m back – more motivated than ever to slay and come up with content that both, my readers and I, can enjoy. Completely separated from the financial aspect.
So, What’s New?
Oh, plenty is new over here. I’ve just started working at my first graduate job and am slowly but surely getting used to the new routine. I’ve gotten really lucky and managed to get a really lovely place at a great firm. I feel like that’s exactly what I want to do. Plus, I have been assigned a lot of assignments and projects that are way out of my comfort zone, which makes me feel like this job will be a game-changer for me. At first, I was really anxious about what to do after uni. With a degree in English you cannot really do much, eh! I was constantly told that I’d chosen the wrong field to study in as I’d end up unemployed and poor.
This blog has always been my hobby. Something I utterly love and enjoy doing. And over the time I luckily managed to work on some great campaigns that brought in good money. I’ve been thinking a lot about pursuing full-time blogging but it just didn’t seem like something I want to do just yet. So I applied for a job that felt way out my league just to prove myself something – and curiously enough landed it. The aspect of having to take on collaborations in order to afford my rent just didn’t seem attractive to me – I’m 100% sure about every collab I did so far. However, I realized that once I was done with my studies and would not get student aid anymore, I’d have to make much more money from the blog in order to pay rent and afford food. And that kind of felt like selling my soul to me. So corporate job it is. And currently, I’m super happy with the way I went on, enjoying the new challenges and embracing the change I put on myself.
Happy Moments in Summer 2017
- Being part of the jury in the Mr. South Austria finale – such a fun experience
- Spending loads of time outside
- Finding what makes my soul shine
- Going on my first ever solo travel adventure
- Making new friends and catching up with old ones
- The road trip through the Austrian mountains
- Stopping my food restrictions and finally eating dairy and meat again (are you interested in reading about that on here?)
- Reading some amazing new books and broadening my horizon on things that I have been interested in for a long time
- Getting myself a new job and (almost) finishing university
For some reason (probably loads of years in the education system) September always feels like a new start to me. And this year even more so, with the new job and finishing uni. That means, that in September I’m always most motivated to create a new routine for myself. This year I’ve been focusing on sticking to a sport routine all year round – and so far, I’ve been really successful with that. But now I’m more determined to slay at the gym than ever. So keep an eye out for a bit more fitness-focused content on here as I really want to make that an integral part of my life.
Goals for September/October
- Get back to blogging and post at least once or twice a week
- Be more active on Instagram (stories) again
- Read/finish at least 2 books
- Go to the gym regularly
- Getting back into my organizing scheme and keeping up with my calendar
- Use the bullet journal more and actually write down happy moments
- Spend as much time outside in the sun as possible
- Save money (I’m so bad with money lately and spend it all as soon as it’s on my bank account, ugh)