Bye, bye February! I know, I know. I absolutely neglected the blog this month and you guys have been telling me that you miss me around here for the past couple of days. I’m terribly sorry but I just had to take some time off in order not to completely lose my sh*t. February has been lovely because duh, semester break – but also an utter pain in the ass for me. That’s why I was absent for quite some time on here. Oh, and the new layout (which took me forever to finish), of course.
I spent most of my February back home at my parents’ to celebrate my semester break. And ah-okay, maybe I was a tad frustrated with all the adult responsibilities and desperately searched a way out. My mom’s place provided the perfect place to do so. No cooking, no laundry, no cleaning. Oh, can we please go back to when life was easy and all I had to worry about was whom to take me on a cinema date? Anyways… I’ve had a fab time at home and enjoyed meeting up with my family and old friends. But now I’m back in Graz, ready to finish this summer semester with full-blown motivation.
I’ve been meaning to change my hair for the past couple of weeks but simply never got around to it. While I was home in Carinthia, I spontaneously cut it really short and adore it. It’s so much shorter than I initially wanted it, but turns out that was exactly what I needed. It’s so much easier to handle and takes a lot less time to wash and dry. YAY! There’s still a bit of colour change coming up in the future but that’ll have to wait a bit.
CHANGE AND PERSONAL SPACE
I usually am quite the over-sharer when it comes to the blog. But currently, I’m struggling with problems that I’m just not ready to share on here yet. I know, we all have our good days and our bad days. But I’m not one to act all happy around here when in real life I am struggling. Maybe that’s also why I’ve been feeling so out of touch with blogging lately.
I’ve seen a decline in traffic on here and my social media accounts and couldn’t help but think that you guys aren’t interested in what I’m doing anymore. I don’t want to sound all whiny but when you’re blogging, you’re putting quite a big part of yourself out there and when the feedback dies down it ultimately also influences your sense of self-worth. I guess it’s been more a matter of my own problems and lack of motivation than anything else. If you do have any wishes, though, please let me know and I’ll try to incorporate these things into the blog as well :)
5 Things in February
1. NATURE: I grew up in a small town, surrounded by nothing but nature. During my teenage years I began craving something bigger, though, and totally fell out of love with the beauty of nature. Lately, I’ve realized how calming and lovely a slow walk along the river or mountains can be for the soul. Definitely one of my favourite things in February.
2. A LITTLE LIFE: Usually, I’m a very fast reader but this book, oh boy. I keep slowing myself down so it won’t end because it just is SO unbelievably good! Extremely sad, triggering and heart-breaking but also such a profound work of fiction, I honestly don’t ever want this to end.
3. CLOSET SALE: I’ve been re-organizing my closet and throwing out all the things I’m not wearing anymore. Now I desperately need to go shopping again. YAY! If you want to shop what I’m selling you can check out my Kleiderkreisel account or my Instagram Sale site and message me if you fancy anything.
4. FRIENDS: Catching up with old friends and talking to new ones made me realize how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. Thank y’all for being so lovely.
5. HUMMUS: All day, every day! Nothing beats a healthy serving of fresh veggies and hummus. YUMM
COMING IN MARCH
March actually is one of my favourite months of the year. This might relate to the fact that I’m turning 23 on the 9th. I don’t care about birthdays this much, it’s just another day really. But I’d be lying if I’d say I don’t love the cake and attention it brings with it. Then one day after my birthday we’re off for a cheeky ‘lil trip to Edinburgh. And after it will hopefully get all spring-y and sunny around here. Gotta love March! Other than that I have some really cool projects for the blog in the pipeline so stay tuned for that, it certainly won’t get boring ;)