I’m not going to bullshit you guys. I’m currently sat at my desk, sipping on a glass of wine, and typing up my review of the three-day detox with Kale and Me, which I did at the beginning of this week. Do I feel like a hypocrite for having eaten a huge bowl of pasta a few hours ago, and now drowning myself in the sweet and numbing goodness of fermented grapes. NOT AT ALL! Do I feel like I accomplished something for going through with three days of eating nothing at all, even though I usually live for all things food? YES. Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY. But let’s get down to business and talk about the details, shall we?
15 Things That Will Go Through Your Head When You’re On A Juice Cleanse
- Why the hell did I sign up for this? Can I just sneak in a little cheat and tell no one about it? Would that work?
- Okay, here we go. Wait… WHAT? I’m not supposed to drink coffee. #help
- Wow, these juices do taste amazing!
- This is actually much easier than I thought. Oh wait, it’s only 10 am.
- I’m feeling kinda tired. Is that due to the juice cleanse or am I just being lazy as usual?
- Oh… I just realized I won’t have to cook for three days. YAY! Go me for avoiding adult responsibilities as good as possible.
- What will I do with all the plastic? Can I just throw it away? That’s not very sustainable, is it?
- *checks website* Oh cool. You can actually send the plastic bottles back to them to get recycled or re-used. So going to do this.
- OH NO. I’m attending an event later tonight. Will they have food? Will I be strong enough to avoid it? #sendsomestrength
- Another day dusted, and I wasn’t feeling hungry at all. This must be how non-greedy people must feel all the time. Feels kinda good, though.
- Time to check my form in the mirror. Wooow. Looking good gal! This might be the first time in months that I’m not bloated. And wait… are these abs? :O
- I feel like my friends are suffering more than I am, according to their looks and pitiful questions about my well-being and hunger.
- The Kale and Me detox is so good, though. Nothing at all like my first detox experience. I wonder what that might relate to?
- Seriously, though, this was fun. Can I do it again?
- Finally done. Now let’s order some pizza, shall we? ;)
FACTS, FACTS, FACTS – 3 DAY DETOX WITH KALE AND ME
So, at the beginning of this week, I decided to give juice cleansing another try. This time, I opted for Kale and Me because their packaging really appealed to me, and compared to other detox companies, their prices are calculated really fairly. Monday morning my 18 juices arrived and I started immersing myself in three days of not consuming anything but juices, water, and non-sugared tea. And quite frankly, it was much easier than I expected it to be.
My Detox Tips
I would strongly recommend doing the juice cleanse when you’re moderately busy. Not too busy because the lack of calories will certainly make you feel kind of sluggish and tired. However, also don’t schedule it for a lazy Sunday because I imagine it being awful when you have nothing to do at all. Furthermore, do prepare for the juice cleanse. I did not do that and certainly felt it on the second day when the lack of caffeine hit me with a full blow. I usually drink about 2-3 cups of coffee a day and then suddenly went from three to zero. Therefore I suffered from a massive headache, nausea, and me being super cold despite it having 20 degrees outside. Do cheat! When I was feeling so awful on day two I made myself a warming vegetable broth for lunch time. That’s absolutely okay (so is eating a banana if you’re super hungry) and will make you feel about 100 times better. Pinky promise!
What I liked about Kale and Me
The price is absolutely amazing for a prepared three-day detox, which comes delivered at your doorstep with guidelines and all. 3 Days of Kale and Me Juice Detox cost about 80€, which is a relatively fair price if you ask me. Also, I really like the idea of recycling the plastic bottles. Sending them back to the company is super easy and helps the environment. So cool! In my opinion, all the juices taste absolutely delicious and I’d detox with them again in a heartbeat. Neither of the juices was “too green” or too hot for me. Drinking one 0.33l juice every two hours also proved to be super doable and filling.
The only negative thing I experienced was their lack of timing when ordering. I initially wanted to start the juice cleanse last Thursday but the juices didn’t arrive before Monday. So be aware that this might happen and try to be as flexible as possible when ordering.
- Someone on Instagram also asked me what do if you don’t like one of the juices and/or cannot drink them due to some ingredient. You can easily leave it out and eat a banana instead or prepare yourself a hot vegetable broth. This way you won’t break the rules and still see results from your detox.
Get a free juice + gift when ordering at www.kaleandme.de by using the code "Missgetaway4you".
Do you have any questions regarding the juice cleanse with Kale and Me? Do not hesitate to comment them down below and I’ll make sure to answer ;)
* The Juice Cleanse was provided to me as a PR Sample by the lovely team at Kale and Me