I know I have been pretty much neglecting the food/recipe category on the blog for the longest time. This asparagus risotto recipe, however, marks the end of this era! From now on I’ll try to regularly upload some recipes from the foods or drinks I cook! What’s been keeping me from doing that is my inability to style and photograph food. I think there are amazing food bloggers out there and my skills aren’t even close to theirs.
But since a lot of you guys always ask me to share the recipe for the foods and drinks I show on Instagram and Snapchat (miss.getaway) I figured I might just try to get my sh*t together and work on said skills. So a few days ago I saw the first asparagus in the shops and decided that I’ll give it a go. I’m usually not the biggest fan of this seasonal vegetable but I wanted to try making risotto ever since I moved out from home. So I browsed my cooking books and searched for a delicious asparagus risotto recipe. All said and done, I found the perfect one and went to change some things up so it would fit my preferences.
Green asparagus risotto recipe
Ingredients for 2:
- 500g Asparagus
- 600ml Vegetable stock
- 1 Onion
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 200g Risotto rice
- 75 ml White wine (we used Chardonnay)
- 1 Lemon
- 25g Butter (or margarine if you want to make it vegan)
- Olive oil
- Prepare the asparagus: Cut off the white ends, peel off the ends. Cut off about 5 cm of the spears and cook them in about 100ml of the vegetable stock until they’re soft. Then blend it until it’s creamy!
- Cook the rest of the vegetable stock and put it to the side. Meanwhile cut your garlic and onion into tiny pieces and fry them in a pan with a little bit of olive oil. Add your risotto rice and once it’s glassy and transparent deglaze it with your white wine. Once the liquid is almost fully gone, add a little bit of your vegetable stock until the rice is covered in liquid. Now you’re gonna repeat that for about 20 minutes until all your rice is al dente but still rather liquid-y.
- Fry your asparagus spears in a little bit of olive oil until they’re done!
- Mix your blended asparagus and the butter in the risotto and let it cook for a little longer until it reaches a creamy consistency. Add a little bit of salt, pepper and lemon!
- Put your risotto on your plates, add your fried asparagus spears and maybe top it with some parmesan if you like.
Oh and GOOD NEWS for all my German followers – I’m now contributing German stories to mode.com every now and then! I’ll always let you know on my Facebook page once I wrote something new so make sure to follow me there if you’re interested in that kind of stuff :)
Schau Dir <ahref=”http://www.mode.com/stories/7-gerichte-die-vegetarier-nicht-mehr-sehen-wollen/12543909″>7 Gerichte, die Vegetarier nicht mehr sehen wollen
von <ahref=”http://www.mode.com/profiles/missgetaway/12495657″>Missgetaway bei <ahref=”http://www.mode.com/”> Mode an
Have you ever made Risotto yourself? And what do you think about more recipes on Miss Getaway?