I honestly have to admit that I’m one of the people who have to try everything they see online. So I made it my mission, after successfully having tried matcha latte, chia pudding, nicecream and many more to finally try the hippest food of the year 2015: the acai bowl . However, turns out it’s not that easy to find a store which sells acai bowls here in Austria. That’s why I figured it might be best to just get my hands on some acai powder and create one myself. And here I am, sharing my very own acai bowl recipe with you – awesome!
The Acai Berry comes from Brazil and is one of the plants we nowadays call superfoods. It’s rich in antioxidants (you know, the little things that fight the bad stuff going on in your body), aids in weight loss and promotes skin health. But first and foremost: it tastes divine! If you want to know more about the health benefits of the Acai Berry you can click the following link: 12 Health Benefits of Acai Berries! And you know what… it’s actually really easy to create yourself – no fancy cooking skills needed!
Ingredients for 2 bowls:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of Acai Powder*
- 1/2 cup of apple juice
- 1/2 cup of water
- Toppings: (Homemade) Granola, Chia Seeds, Goji Berries, ….
How to make an Acai Bowl
- Put all your ingredients (except for the toppings) into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour or spoon your smoothie mixture into your favorite bowl.
- Top with whatever you like. I love to top my acai bowl with homemade granola (get the recipe here), chia seeds, goji berries, some banana slices and additional berries. However, you can definitely be creative here. If you feel like it you might even want to add marshmallows… I mean: why the heck not??
Have you ever tried Acai Bowls before? What do you think? Are we loving it or nah?
*Many thanks to Feinstoff for sending me their Acai Powder to review.
** By the way: You can buy it here if you’re interested.