Oh 2016, what a wild ride you’ve been. I know the year isn’t officially over but I think we can all agree that after Christmas time basically flies. I mean, can you believe there are only 2 weeks of 2016 left? As Kylie Jenner famously put it, 2016 is really about, like, the year of realizing stuff! And I couldn’t agree more with her.
12 things I learned in 2016, the year of realizing stuff!
1) Acne sucks. Especially, if you’re a full-grown woman and get hit by the biggest acne breakout in your life. There were days, this year, where I didn’t even feel like leaving the house because I was so ashamed of my skin. Definitely need to get rid of this in 2017.
2) Taking time off is more important than you think. When the thing you do for a living is something you utterly love, taking time off is harder than it might seem. BUT it still is incredibly important for mental health and stress-relieve. That’s why I’ll take a couple of days off from Social media this Christmas! Bare with me while I enjoy some quality time with my books, friends, and fam!
3) I need to do sports in order to stay healthy – body and soul. I’ve had quite a few down times this year and while looking back, I realized that they almost only occur when I’m not doing any kind of sports. I recently started going to the gym again and feel AMAZING! Definitely, something I want to keep on doing in 2017.
4) To travel is to live. This year I was lucky enough to go on a few mind-blowing trips, which I’ll forever be grateful for. However, after a few weeks of constantly being on the road in summer, I felt like it was enough for the rest of the year. NOPE, I’m already getting restless again.
5) Everyone has their package to carry. Assuming that everyone else has it so easy in life is the worst thing you can do. Because in the end, everyone has their own problems – you might just not know about.
6) I definitely need to work on my bad habit of procrastinating. It’s gotten absolutely out of hand this year. At one point, when I should have been studying, I started to clean the whole flat from bottom to top – that’s when I realized I definitely need to get my shit together and stop procrastinating.
7) Having a good support system is SO important.
8) Dresses and skirts DO look good on me. For so long I thought they weren’t my kind of clothing – but duh, come to mama – I now love them.
9) Speaking up for what you believe in might be scary but is so worth it in the end. I learned that from the popularity of the Sunday Chat on here. I love writing them and you seem to enjoy reading them. THANKS!
10) Having no physical TBR shelf sucks. Big time! In 2015 I wanted to read all the books from my TBR. So now I’m left with no unread books at home. And whenever I finish a new book I regret it. So one of my new-years-resolutions for 2017 is to start collecting a huge TBR again.
11) Not having a plan in life is absolutely okay. I used to think that by the time I’m 22 I need to have my life together. But seriously, nobody really has and it’s absolutely okay to try new things, to fall and get up again. In the end, it will always work out in one way or the other!
12) Sometimes you just gotta do it! Last December, when I quit my Saturday job, I was scared and anxious about the whole blog thing not working out. I wanted to give it a shot anyways. And look, here I am – one year later, still making money from my writing. And I honestly couldn’t be happier about it.
What have you learned in 2016? Anything you want to share?