Remember my “7 Honest facts about adult life” post? Well, since that one was quite popular with you guys and so much fun to write, I thought I’d do another one. And a couple of days ago I was talking to a friend of mine about how much we had changed since high-school. She told me she found it fascinating how excited I always get about good wine, fancy cheese, and new furniture. So I immediately had to type down a few adult things I’m definitely guilty of doing.
19 Signs You Really Are Becoming An Adult, Yes YOU
- You own house plants. Yes, they might only be cacti but that’s only semantics.
- You get drunk on wine instead of cheap vodka.
- Speaking of vodka, you only ever drink it in a fancy cocktail rather than in shots.
- You’d much rather stay in and have dinner with friends than go out and get drunk.
- Sometimes you watch documentaries. For fun (!!)
- Occasionally, you go out for dinner. And it’s not Burger King but some really fancy restaurant with more than one set of cutlery on the table.
- And you actually know how to use the cutlery at fancy dinners. Yay, much adult!
- You love grocery shopping.
- There’s a calendar sitting on your desk and you fill it with REAL appointments.
- You bought your friend a nice card just to make them feel good.
- You enjoy eating seafood, cheese, avocado, and other fancy food stuff. Man, let the dinner invitations come!
- Most of your money goes into paying bills rather than candy, sequin tops, and Eristoff Ice.
- The thought of a new kitchen appliance or furniture makes you giddy with excitement.
- Board Games are fun!
- You stopped uploading heaps of pictures to Facebook after a wild night out
- Classical music becomes something you like and listen to voluntarily. Because you realize that it’s actually quite GOOD, grasp!
- You cook your own meals. And it’s not just pizza from the freezer.
- You make your own appointments. And you “regularly” go to the doctors for a check-up.
- The emails you get aren’t just newsletters from your favourite online stores but actual business emails. Much important, WOW!
Are you guilty of any of these things? Are you already a full-grown adult or barely adulting? And hey, what’cha think of more list posts? Fun or nah?